Gov.-elect Ron DeSantis and Lt. Gov.-elect Jeanette Nuñez announced Monday the names of over 40 advisers who will serve on the Transition Advisory Committee on the Environment, Natural Resources & Agriculture.
The list is comprised of policy experts, state leaders and executives who will advise the administration and help shape the future of Florida’s policies to restore and protect the state’s unique environment, natural resources and agriculture industry.
The committee will be chaired by U.S. rep. Brian Mast, a Palm City Republican.
“I look forward to working with Governor-elect DeSantis again, as we did in Congress, to protect Florida’s natural environment,” Mast said in a prepared statement. “We will work tirelessly to help start his administration off on the right foot.”
Members of the committee include:
- Bob Bailey: president of Facilities & Urban Environments Market, CH2M HILL Companies, Ltd.
- Ernie Barnett: executive director, Florida Land Council and Principal, Water and Land Advisors Inc.
- Mike Beale: senior vice president & regional manager of Orlando Operations, Highwoods Properties Inc.
- Ron Bergeron: founder & CEO, Bergeron Family of Companies
- Ken Bryan: state director, Florida Field Office, Rails to Trails Conservancy
- Tom Cabrerizo: CEO, CFH Group
- Brittany Perkins Castillo: CEO, Ashbritt Environmental
- Tracy Duda Chapman: senior vice president, chief legal and administrative officer, general counsel, A. Duda & Sons
- Ernie Cox: president, Family Lands Remembered, LLC and director, Florida Earth Foundation
- Steve Crisafulli: former speaker, Florida House of Representatives
- Ron Edwards: president & CEO, Evans Properties, Inc.
- Eric Eikenberg: CEO, Everglades Foundation
- Anthony Farhat: president, PGI Homes LLC
- Roger Germann: president & CEO, Florida Aquarium
- Maryam Ghyabi-White: vice president of Florida operations, Alfred Benesch & Co.
- Matt Griffin: East Coast sales & product development, United Genetics Seeds Co.
- Alex Johns: president, Florida Cattleman’s Association and natural resources director, Seminole Tribe
- Matt Jordan: general manager, Tampa Bay Water
- Josh Kellam: commissioner, Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission and president of the Florida Division, ESG Enterprises
- Steve Kelly: manager, The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company
- Michael Kennedy: president, Ranger Construction Industries, Inc. and director, Marine Industries Association of Palm Beach County
- Curt Kiser: commissioner, Public Employee Relations Commission
- Gaston Marquevich: founder & CEO, Optimum Agriculture
- John Miklos: president, Bio-Tech Consulting, Inc.
- Temperince Morgan: executive director, The Nature Conservancy
- Joe Negron: former president, Florida Senate
- Dan O’Keefe: partner, Shutts & Bowen, LLP and board member, East Central Florida Regional Planning Council
- Maurice Pearson: vice president, senior scientist, MSE Group
- Jake Raburn: former representative, Florida House of Representatives
- Dan Richey: president & CEO, Riverfront Packing Company
- Bo Rivard: commissioner, Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission and partner, Harrison, Rivard, Duncan & Buzzett
- Scott Shepherd: vice president & chief commercial officer, Guest Services Inc.
- Michael Sole: vice president, environmental services, NextEra Energy
- Jim Spratt: owner, Magnolia Strategies LLC
- Eileen Stuart: shareholder, Hopping Green & Sams
- Jim Swann: vice chair, Eckerd Connects
- Ben Taube: managing director, policy and legislative affairs, Ygrene Energy Fund
- Noah Valenstein: secretary, Florida Department of Environmental Protection
- Nick Wiley: chief conservation officer, Ducks Unlimited, Inc
- Keith Wold: attorney, private investor